Friday, March 27, 2009

Ten thousand sorrows

Ten thousand sorrows by Elizabeth kim.Very touching book..

ten thousand joys and ten thousand sorrows, and all of them are stepping-stones to ultimate peace


Poem by the daughter to her mother who was murdered in the name of honor in the novel.

To Omma

I kiss your face a thousand times
Again,again again.
I close your eyelids,smooth your hair
And fold your gentle hands.
Butterfly wings that beat
Against the domed ceiling of this life
Flutter free now in the open air.
And I will whisper this truth
Into the viewless winds:
I love you.I love you.I love you.

8 comments:

igtykee said...

this is very sweet...
:)
give me the book the next time we meet

hug

Anonymous said...

beautiful

-T said...

Very nice!

~RainDrops said...

Aww , this is just so beautiful.

Ubaid said...

=) !!

siras said...

Touching! :)vings

Senilius said...

Nice!

WritingsForLife said...

ahh... i should read it :-)